Re; Entwistle...Sad?

I had better things to do this weekend in NYC and I think I missed the begining
of this thread/  Joe G posted the following quotes:

>Re: Jason's comment of JAE during the 7/21 show...why is JAE sad ? 'cos
>after being with PT for a few months he realizes that he really isn't
>anything w/o PT and thewho.If anyone out their can give me a JAE song (solo
>or who) that would be considered a "classic" along the lines of "WGFA" or
>"LROM" let me know..the Ox is one of the  best rock bassists, but as a
>songwriter (be honest now..) it's hard to consider him a "great"
>writer....then again maybe Jason was referring to JAE as being "sad" in the
>sense that, unlike PT or RD, he really has nothing else to do productive
>until PT or RD calls...he more than anyone else has lived and (in
>particular) died with the who.

This is drivel.  Since when is Entwistle "sad,"  and on what basis are you
making your assumptions regarding his mood and affect.  They don't call him the
Quiet One for nothing.

And where the hell does this comment about him realizing that "he isn't anything
without PT and thewho."  Is this a quote, or just a product of your warped,
vivid imagination...I suspect the latter.  Sure, he hasn't written any rock
anthems, but I contend that there is no Who without Entwistle.  For one thing,
his essential contributions to PTs compositions are ubiquitous; I can't imaging
Behind Blue Eyes without his flowing bass lines and The Real Me was basically
re-written for PT by JAE.  The examples could go on and on.  JAE's black humor
and stalwart figure have always played the perfect counterpoint to Townshend's
spirituality and energy.

As for JAE not having anything productive to do without PT or (?) RD, I suppose
his multiple solo works and tours count for nothing?  I'm sure I'm not the only
one on this list who feels a little ambivalent about the Quadrophenia show going
on the road in that it will probably delay Entwistle's planned solo work/touring
with Steve Luongo & co.  Personally, I would be much more excited to hear new
material from Entwistle as opposed Townshend's 23 year old revival.

Finally, to flippantly concede the "the Ox is one of the best rock bassists"
understates the man's contributions to the electric bass.  I wonder how many
times PT has looked enviously across the stage, wishing he had such mastery of
HIS instrument (sorry, I couldn't resist).

J.