Re: Quad (The Ice Controversy)

     ^^I really now starting to wonder if this is psychological more than
     ^^anything else.  From my standpoint I was open ears for a new Quad
     ^^remix because I never liked the album as much as Tommy/WN/WBN/Leeds.
     ^^I've read many who love this album to the point of being buried with
     ^^it in
     ^^their coffins, and they seem to be the most upset.  I can see a
     ^^gravestone with "Tragically killed on TWA Flight 800, but died happy
     ^^listening to The Who's Quadrophenia (original mix)"  From
     ^^WFang's view I truly believe he has sensitive ears, which is fine by
     ^^me.

     ^^Ian Derby

        I know we have radically different opinions about things, but I
     still think the way we're hearing the new MCA Quad is more than just
     "sensitive ears."  Some of us (like me) think it's just wonderful and
     other of us think it's ^picard^!  I just don't think that's likely.
        Granted after nearly 25 years of listening to The Who really loud,
     my ears are not the best, but I think I could pick up "flat spots"
     that are prominent enough to ruin this for others.
        I still think there are different mixes on the MCA label floating
     around which some have been unlucky enough to purchase.  Does anyone
     have any information about the release that would make me change my
     mind?

                -Not-smoking-a-mighty-big-spliff Brian