A Fiction Who story

Came across an old Who comic I bought in Berkeley years ago and was
inspired by that. All for fun that is, this story I made for the reading
fans. Enjoy.

			Title: Fiction You, it's the Who

(Knock Knock)
 "Yeah?" a voice in British drawl, replied. (footsteps)
The door slowly swings in sight of the roadie who glanced up to the
glaring eyes of the so called bastard of a beast he all learn to love
behind the door. Then he’d quickly snapped into a noticeable Brooklyn
accent.
"5 mins Pete! No BS!". (Pete looks at him with a blank face)
"So don't PISS me off now. 5 fooking MINUTES"
The loud outburst of sound pierced Pete's eardrums so , that it left him
standing there dazed on the spot. It took an eternity for Pete to finally
nodded his head in acknowledgment. The roadie then quickly withdrew to
his pit, gesturing his hand in a '5' hand sign before waving off in
disgust.

(Door Slam!)

Roger looks up, John checks his watch. Moon watches cartoons. Then their
eyes finally greets Pete.
 " Well?" said Pete.
Roger shrugged his shoulders in puzzlement.
 "Showtime!" gleamed Keith.
 "Do we really need to do this" Pete said? (Eyes rolling up in room)
John replies, "Yes we do Pete. I didn't come here to comb my hair for
nothing. After all,
I'm the one who's gonna sing the opening number. " (yes wf)
Roger mumbles, "God. As if ."
"Let you in for a little secret, Pete." John said.
 "What?" Pete's head comes closer to John , "HE wants you here." said
John.
"Who's HE?" Pete asked.
"You know who. The guy that said "don't let go the coat", whatever that
means?
Baba's his name? "
"Oh I thought it was YOU-you pisstant!" (laughter in the room)
"Ok Ok OK. Let's go". Pete finally gave in.
"Showtime?" , Keith's voice reappears. Roger's head motioning Keith to
get up. So off they went.  But, soon into the hallway before the waiting
area, they stumbled into a familiar face.
Pete said, "Is that Roger Waters?"
Roger D: "bloody bloke from Pink is here, eh? "
Roger was smoking a joint at that time in some dark corner and
Pete hollered, "Hey Roger. What you doing here you Bloody ole Mr. Pink
Floyd!!!?"
which startled poor Roger that he dropped the jay accidentally on the
auditorium's carpet and started himself into a coughing fit, stamping out
the still burning jay to its misery all the while.
"One of these days...' Roger said
WHACK! The manager of the auditorium slapped Roger's back  of his head
and said, " What the matter with you. you know how much these costs?"
(pointing to the carpet in all of its purple glory with red diamonds.)
"…I'm gonna cut you in bloody little pieces…?" Roger mumbled, looking out
of place.
"What? Get him out of here." (signaling to ushers) " Damn hippie. Told me
he was smoking cigarettes. From the colored papers of it, that's a lady
toothpick he's smoking. Fooking hippie" (Guess he'll never know , but
Slims did come out in the future)

So poor Roger Waters, getting thrown out of the gig while Roger D. found
the stash
that fell out of Roger's pocket during the shuffle. Of course that's
another story...But, that was 1968. So what's Pete's problem? Sources
said that he's basically just frustrated with his writings ,lacking in
album oriented songs that he tried to achieve as a whole. He wanted a
vision. Just had it with the lack of success of  " I Can See for
Miles."And he's just plain tired of playing them singles night after
night after night. Routine songs like "I Can't Explain" "Substitute"
"Happy Jack" "A Quick One"  "I'm A Boy" "Shakin' All Over" "My
Generation" had been played to death. "It's time for a change" Pete
thought after he eyed Roger Waters,  through the window, gesturing
obscenities to Pete .

So after what's been said and done at the Fillmore West gig, Pete decided
to go back home to focus on his character study writing of Tommy.
Remember him? He was  the roadie who told him 5 mins. remember? Pete for
some reason, found Tommy fascinating. Something about Tommy’s childhood
he’d invented his parents might treated him badly once. And also to help
with the creation of Tommy, there was something to do with Tommy’s tone
that day of the gig that made Pete go deaf, dumb and blind for a moment.
And Pete is fascinated with the American voice Tommy spoke in. Women
shoes or coughing might work for others, but for Pete, it’s the voice.
The voice of rage. Tommy-bad chilhood-rage. What a concept! Anyway, Pete
was rather a bit distracted back home in his studio as he just received 2
messages from 2 different ladies of urgent news that must be replied
immediately. Recalling his wild tour of Sweden some months ago in an
alcohol-guitar thrashing and all night partying scene, he'd often woke up
with many ladies on his side, a stranger of the night. He finally or
rather cut down a bit when he woke up with a male beside him one morning.

During that day in the studio, Pete was working on this rough mix of a
song, called ...
(phone rings)
(Pete noticed a broken condom foil packet lying on the floor besides him
and picked it and threw the used condom packet in the basket.)  (Closing
in wastebasket)   A big "G.G." something.

 PT: "Hello?"
 LADY: "You got me pregnant you fooking jerk and now the kid's born so I
want to know what you gonna do about it Keith?" screamed the lady across
the phone.
PT:  "Huh?" "Keith?" "Have we met?"
LADY: "Have we met?" screamed the lady. "I fooking blowed air with you
all night and you said have we met?" (Pete hearing disapproving nuns
scrambling past the lady's other end. )
PT: "Ummm. So what's your name girl?"
LADY: "Zelda!. It's Z E L D A Walker! You got it?"
PT: "Ummmm can't say. Zell what? It's so insane. Your name. (maddening
violins in head) Pardon me. So what it's gonna be? A girl or boy?"
LADY: "It's a girl!" replied the lady.
PT: "Ok then. Very well. G'day" then hangs up the phone to the low
distant sound of "Wwhhaa!"

So, after a sigh,  he proceeded with the rough demo song he just made up
called... Glow Girl.... "It's a girl, Mrs. Walker it's a girl..."
(bloody phone rings)

PT: "Hello?"
LADY2: "So there you are, Roadrunner."
"I've been waiting to hear from you for oh so long and I'm feeling that
I'm just going deaf from the waiting..."
PT: "It's hard, I know."
LADY2: "... and I just can't stand that you know. If you have called that
you're....too
busy with your tea and honey to improve your voice to sing better than
Pete and I'd under..."
Pete getting annoyed, "Yeah yeah and this is?"
LADY2: "This is? This is?" "I fooking blow air with  you all night and
you say this is? the lady screamed into the phone.
(PT Groans)
PT: "SO…..! SO what do you want? And who are you?"
LADY2: "I'm Mary , and the baby you gave me is a boy! Your son.!"
PT: "Oh it's a boy now." Very well.  I’ll relay the message once again.
G' day"
Hung up to the shrieking sounds of "Whaaa".

Again, Pete returns to the song and started playing, "It'a boy, Mrs
Walker It's a boy" and stopped. A long pause endured when Pete looks at
the mirror and noticed the reflecting bright light rays shining on the
mirror and watched it in a tired sense of fascination.

CRASH!

A baseball crashes through the studio window and smashed the mirror!
Pete's eyes grew big....

EXPLOSION! (the Who on stage) (song in progress)

PT: Capt. Walker, didn't come home, his unborn child will never know him.

Background vocals : Capt Walker didn't come home, his unborn child will
never know him
PT: Believe he's missing, with a number of men, don't expect to see him
again.
BVs: Believe he's missing, with a number of men, don't expect to see him
again.
PT: Believe he's missing, with a number of men, don't expect to see him
again.
BVs: Believe he's missing, with a number of men, don't expect to see him
again.
PT: Don't expect to see him again.
BVs: Capt Walker.
Pete: Don't expect to see him again.
BVs:  Capt walker, believe he's missing with a number of men.
PT: Don't expect to see him again.
BVs: Capt walker
PT: Capt walker
By: Capt walker.
PT. Don't expect me to see him again.
BVs. Don't expect you to see him again.
PT:  Don't expect me to see him again.
BVs. Don't expect you to see him again.
PT:  Don't expect me to see him again. (Capt Walker)
PT:  Don't expect me to see him again. (Capt Walker)
PT:  Don't expect me to see him again. (Capt Walker)
PT:  Don't expect me to see him again. (Capt Walker)
PT. Capt Walker, I’d believe he's missing with a number of men
don't expect me to see him again...

Cymbal Crash!

"A bloodly baseball. What you'd know. A fooking long version I'd say"
Pete picks up
the ball and throws it out the window.

"Ouch!" (male kid voice)
" Huh?" Pete looks out the window and sees the little boy rubbing his
head.
PT: "Oh Zak. I'm so sorry,  you little punk. "
ZAK: "I'm telling my dad on you. He's with the Beatles you know. He's
born in 1921
or something ,but he can beat you up!"
PT: "Oh that Ringo. The one with the cute nose yeah yeah yeah"
Zak pauses (while his pointing finger frozen in midair)
Zak, "Well, umm thanks", smiling beamly.
PT: "Oh. So much the better. G'day" and waved off.
(Zak studying his nose in the car mirror)

Pete chuckles and start improvising another new rough mix on guitar,
"…think 1921's gonna be a good year. Just have some wine, you and me
together...
1921 all the way to 1996, and 1996’s gonna be a good year too..."
(blackout)

to be contd.?

MZZ