Monday's Show

     Last night was Amateur Night at MSG...I went to a Who concert and a
     Billy Idol show broke out!  Gawd, all those imbeciles cheering Idol's
     every move and snarled lip.

     I never thought that I would like AMEX--but at the first show
     (ostensibly for AMEX cardholders only), I didn't have to worry about
     secondhand pot smoke.  Not at Saturday's or last night's (which were
     not limited to AMEX cardholders only)!  Hell, I was coughing up white
     mice.  It makes me laugh to see a clean living 52-year-old Daltrey
     looking great while sitting next to old, fat slobs and young punks who
     are toking up.  And Pete almost died from drug use, and is now quick
     to point out its evils.  If people on this List can complain about
     drunk fans throwing up on them, I feel free to vent here, too.  Hey,
     it's your own trip but it is illegal and smoking anything at a concert
     is a major fire hazard given the proximity of people and scarceness of
     exits.

     Apart from that, great show.  Are John and Pete even talking to each
     other anymore?  It was great to see Mr an Mrs White Fang again.  I
     caught WF coming out of the bathroom as I was going in (I hope that
     you washed your hands before shaking hands with me!)  And a big thank
     you to Doug for the tickets.

     When Quadrophenia comes to Broadway, I have a feeling that they're
     going to make "Is It In My Head" a showstopper like Tommy's
     "Sensation."  Saturday night, I could see the teleprompeters.  During
     "Magic Bus," the lyrics read "Let's Drive the Magic Bus."  Way to go.

                                Chris M.