Re: Entwistle...sad?

- -- [ From: . * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Pete,
Re:
//If anyone out their can give me a JAE song (solo or who) that would be
considered a "classic" along the lines of "WGFA" or "LROM" let me know..the
Ox is one of the  best rock bassists, but as a songwriter (be honest now..)
it's hard to consider him a "great" writer....then again maybe Jason was
referring to JAE as being "sad" in the sense that, unlike PT or RD, he
really has nothing else to do productive until PT or RD calls...he more than
anyone else has lived and (in particular) died with the who.\\

There are at least a couple of JAE tunes that *I* prefer to WGFA, and I have
to admit that I never cared for the studio version of LROM. The Who are what
they are. JAE is a "great" bassist, maybe not a "great" songwriter. PT is a
"great" guitarist, maybe not a "great" singer... uh, is RD writing a lot of
great tunes that I was unaware of? And I thought he just sang PT's stuff!

Jon
- --