Re: Radiation symbol...

At 12:19 PM 7/22/96 -0500, salamander@MADNET.COM wrote:
>Someone mentioned being curious about the radiation symbol on the back
>of some of the Quad shirts. I haven't seen any of these shirts myself,
>but I do remember seeing the little radiation symbol on a flyer or
>something in the Maximum R&B book. I gathered that this was used as
>a logo around the time of the original Quad tours way back when...

I remember at the Montreal Dec. 1973 show seeing roadies wearing black
sweatshirts with the yellow fallout shelter logo. I would have killed (at
least maimed) for one. Needless to say when I got back from college my
roommate and I swiped a fallout shelter sign.

The logo was used quite a bit on the tour. I have a small pamphlet promoting
Quadrophenia that has it on the front cover. Sometime I'll scan it and add
it to my web page.

By the way, anybody interested in buying or trading for a hand hooked rug in
black and yellow that has the fallout shelter logo and The Who underneath
it? My wife made it in the '70's and it's sitting in my basement gathering dust.

Joe