Re: Flame Me Baby

On Fri, 19 Jul 1996 17:56:30 -0400, you wrote:

>Scott, re:
>
><< Dennis Miller is the news guy from Saturday Night Live that has his
> own show on HBO now. He's pretty much a political satarist. I wouldn't
> expect you to know that though because you are so damned FOCUSED!
>
>Never saw him. I don't think I ever saw a full episode of Saturday Night,
>either for that matter. When it first aired, I thought it was an American rip
>of Monty Python...
>
>>> I've never met someone as FOCUSED as you! It's either The Who or Star
> Trek with you man. I really admire a man that can find out what he
> enjoys in life and FOCUSES only on those things.  >>
>
>I'm not sure "focused" is the right word. My friend Liz and I were talking
>today and she recalled an ex-friend of mine saying that I was the most
>"relentless" person that he ever met...
>
>To my advantage, I have a near photographic memory. This helps me absorb and
>store facts and figures. As much as I love The Who, I don't consider myself a
>"fanatic". That term I hold for the people spending their "life savings"
>going to see them. I would never do that. I've spent large sums of money
>collecting their records, but a) I make lots of money :) and b) the
>collection has value from an investment standpoint.
>
>While I love the original Star Trek and don't respect the silly
>non-adventures of captain baldylox, it's really just a matter again, of facts
>and figures. I could probably give you the same kinda information about the
>history of Mercedes-Benz or some other interest of mine, but that wouldn't
>translate well to The Who Digest, especially if I'm trying to make a funny.
>For example, it's very easy to say the bad "S" word is <Picard> because as
>far as Star Trek goes, Picard is a <Picard> captain. Now, can you picture me
>trying to say something "funny" about the first Diesel Mercedes?
>
>BTW, it was interesting to see the look on people's faces when they walked up
>to me and said, "Who are you"??? And I replied, "Rich". Then they say
>something like, "Oh, nice to meet you!" and then I said, "Rich, as in White
>Fang." and then they'd say, "YOU'RE WHITE FANG!" with eyes wide open... (I
>didn't forget to brush my teeth, did I?)
>
>I guess here by the sea and sand, nothing ever goes as planned...
>
>So... there you have it... or some of it, anyway... :)
>
>-wf

C'mon, you're focused just admit it. It ain't no bad thing.

Scott
In a little house I keep pictures suspended, it is not a fixed house,
It is round, it is only a few inches from one side to the other:
Yet behold, it has room for all the shows of the world, all memories!
Here the tableaus of life, and here the groupings of death;
Here, do you know this? this is cicerone himself,
With finger rais'd he points to the prodigal pictures.

Walt Whitman