Quad Show Info

In today's NY Daily News, there is a page and a half feature about the Quad
show production.  It deals with the Garden personel as much as it does The
Who, but there are several interesting items in it:
1. > Townshend says he'd like to tour America with Quadrophenia. But even
though the show is clearly a hit at the Garden, he isn't sure that audiences
around the country will flock to it:
                               "I have no doubt that if we go out as 'The Who
in Concert', we'll sell out everywhere. But I don't know if people will come
out to see 'Quadrophenia' in concert. I think we have to be careful, and not
rush into anything."

2. > Townshend wrote "Quadrophenia", and it was his idea to do a concert
version. He is still tinkering with it
                               "I'm trying to focus the story, and I'm not
satisfied with the way we are presenting it. Right now, Roger and I are
playing different aspects od the main character, Jimmy, and I think that
might be confusing to the audience. I'm trying to work out a way that Roger
and I can be more like narrators. You know, between us we're 100 years old,
so we really shouldn't be playing [19 year old] Jimmy"

There is also a paragraph or two detailing the fact that if the show runs
past 11:05, the promoter- Metropolitan- would be faced with massive overtime
payments.( That would explain, to an extent, why we have seen, little
movement with the "encore set list". I guess they choose the songs based on
how much time they have left).

Kyle in NJ