Re: Flame Wars

>While you are working hard on a not-so-clever reply, can you please quote ANY
>lister here in regards to your statement of "mysterious and  sinister group
>of people (governmental, etc.) are going to forcibly censor  internet
>newsgroup discussions." I haven't read anything close to that and since you
>seem to feel strong about this whole thing, lets see you now make a more
>cogent argument by citing examples, starting with this one...

WF:

Oh, you mean you don't know about those guys? You're really out of "the
loop," (no disrespect intended for Chicagoites), aren't you?
First of all, there's the large mysterious and sinister group that you might
be a member of (but we can't talk about that, now can we?) that destroys
certain individuals with unrelenting flames. I've seen posts about that one,
but all I will say about that at this time is: "The wind is in the buffalo."
Then there are those in league to trash Xtianity. I would have to claim
membership in that one, I suppose...but all I can say about THAT is: "I
would like to purchase one of those Jesus On A Half Shell's, please."
Then there is the very large and very mysterious (but perhaps not quite as
sinister...ya gotta give ground somewhere) group that wants to censor public
forums. I don't know the code phrase for that one, but my guess is that
it's: "I'm a tightass, and so are you." to which one MIGHT reply: "The
gerbils are looking particularly lovely this year."
Maybe. I wouldn't know from personal knowledge. I'm merely speculating.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend