The WHO Version .96 Don't Laugh This is Show Business

Where to begin....
What a great week this has been...to experience what is left of The Who live
and in concert...
A few months ago I posted that after Keith died the band was not as 'funny'
as they had been when he was alive...if there is anything sad about these
shows it is probably just that....Pete did have moments during the first two
nights where he seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself...but they were
moments...I had the opportunity to chat a bit with John Carin after the Wed
show and he mentioned how much the band was enjoying the performances...i
sensed that there was a good bit of satisfaction going around but i can't
help but miss the excitement of what a WHO concert had always meant to
me...basically The Who stood for a bit of organized chaos...when I went to a
WHO concert i never knew what to expect..anything could happen both musically
and physically....it could be great  or a disaster...what i feel we have
experienced here in 1996 is an organized rehearsed version of an incredible
piece of rock and roll....Quadrophenia is a great piece ...these performances
are exciting and I am very satisfied with the product that the band
delivered...however there was absoluely no spontanaity...everything was
planned and packaged...Pete's theatrical experiences have helped him to
regain his ability to present to his audiences and many of us have grown
older and matured ...we accept what we are given and are actually glad to
have the chance for a new Who related experince I certainly am grateful to
have been a witness to these concerts....there just not as funny though....
All in all '96 is proving to be a great WHO year....the JAE tour....the
Supper Club Shows...The Quad performances ...the remixes ...(with mixed
reviews!)...and the upcoming Quadrophenia Tour....oh yes friends if you've
read this far all I can add for you is that in my conversations with PA's
(Personal Assistants) that i include in my list of aquaintances there is
definitely at least a two month North American tour being organized at the
present time that will include the three living members of the Who and I
guess whatever spirits (souls not booze) they can drag along for the ride....
To all the list members that I have met and had an opportunity to share this
experience...i would like to say thanks for the memories ....and to those WHO
fans who have joined the ranks of my friends as a result of 'the net'  I
think its great.... and thank you for letting me be a part of your life....
Well enough of that .....

Best Regards ....Joel