Re: Zak...

NotAWorry, re:

<< My point was that Zak displayed flashes of energy that were a decided
 improvement over Kenny and would have made Keith proud. >>

I could say that Kenny had "flashes of energy" too. It was his repetive stuff
that got too anoying for me to listen to.

When I was at The Who Convention, I was very impressed with Zak. In
retrospect, the band performance that night was stellar and that was what
impressed me. When I received a tape of the show, I found out (now that I had
a better opportunity to be discerning) that the weakest link was the drums,
and that for "Quad" material it didn't hold a candle to Keith. On the other
hand, "Relay" had a phenomenal drum performance, bringing the song to life.

While we can all be critical of drummers, I'm sure it isn't easy to "pound
away" using your feet and hands for 2 straight hours. Try picture yourself
doing it for 4 hours like Simon Philips did in '89. Perhaps every song
wouldn't be perfect as some time needs to be for "rest"...

Getting back to Zak... he did a good job on "Under A Raging Moon" (his
parts), but did a terrible job, on JAE's "The Rock". I still contend that
he's got the sound of Simon Elliot, but most of you never heard him...

Too bad they didn't do some different encores (yet), I'd like to hear him
play on some other, more demanding songs (ie "Sparks"...)

- -wf