stacey's review and flames

Stacey:   there are just some people out
there who don't think women can possibly "know" rock and roll.  I
experienced that on occasion.  Used to be the same with pc's back in the
early days..."gee, did you turn that little switch on the drive after you
put the disk in?" It can be kind of insulting when you have to go the
extra mile to prove yourself.  Thankfully, there are plenty of people
who aren't like that.  Hope you didn't give them your number :-)

Flames:  I've complained in that past (off list) about the flame wars on
this list and occasionally taken vacations from the list when it got
really obnoxious.  Bottom line is, I don't care to try and tell
anyone what they should or should not say on this list.  If I can't stand
it enough, I'll get my "who info" elsewhere.

BTW, I think it was Gordy who posted about reading every post for fear of
missing who info. (Gordy, where have you been?)  I laughed at that one, as
he wrote "this is a flame!" all over that post, and asked us why, if you
don't like flames, are you reading this post that is clearly a flame?  I
told him it was because I just liked to read the things he posted.  I miss
him.

Mostly, flames just make me wonder about people and the use of the
internet.  I've sent emails at work in which the message was a lot
crabbier than if I was talking face to face.  I try not to do that
anymore.  Probably do to some degree anyway.  It's just so easy to send
off a snippy little message.  Something about email...at times it's kind
of like an immediate, interactive graffiti.

Is anyone judging anyone else on this list based on
somebody's flames about them?  I'm not.   That's not to say there
haven't been plenty of rude posts on this list that make me just roll my
eyes and wish I hadn't read them.   My ramblings about various things
probably caused some to hit the 'd' key pretty early on.  I don't know
what the origin of Fang's problem with Lauren or the muffin people is, but
it doesn't affect my own opinion of Lauren (don't know the muffin
man...hey, wait a minute...wasn't that a song?).  If I was going to flame
someone, I'd do it privately.  But luckily for all of you, I don't (dare I
say it) RULE THE WORLD!

I do sometimes I feel like I oughta duck so I can avoid possible
spitballs :-)

Trish, formerly of NJ