Rocking at MSG - Wednesday report

Just got home from the show at MSG and want to add my report....Amazing!

First, an aside - I just joined the list a couple of weeks ago and have
really enjoyed the interchanges both serious and frivolous

Prologue to review - Quad is one of my favorite and most significant albums.
 I'm 43 and Quad has carried me through many troubled moments over nearly 2/3
of my life.

So - the show - seats were near the back in the loge.  Sound was fine, they
must have boosted the volume since the first night.  Orchestration and
arrangements worked well - came through better than on the HBO excerpts.  As
many of you have posted, Roger was exceptional - in both voice and movement.

Some other thoughts:

1) Gary Glitter - Still trying to figure out if reminded me of Wayne Newton
on speed...or Liberace on acid.

2) Billy Idol - Looked the role, but as a singer, he's a good bellboy.

3) Zak Starkey - Really solid - seemed to be channeling Keith at times.
 Brought lots of energy - big improvement over Kenny Jones.

4) Geoff Whitehorn - did respectable job with leads, not too flashy...by the
way, can someone tell me what band he comes from?

5) Horns - not too intrusive, did their job.

6) Keyboards - Always liked Rabbit, and after seeing Jon Carin with Pete at
the Supper Club, can see how important he was to the project.

7) Percussion and background vocals - Stayed where they belonged...in the
upper left corner.

8) Simon - Rhythm guitarists can be expendable, but he was fine.

9) John - THE ROCK - came through loud and clear for most of the show...and
his solo on 5:15 brought down the house.

10) Pete - my hero - couldn't pick out his playing at too many points, but he
was in good voice (and I did just see him solo at the Supper Club) plus the
encores of Behind Blue Eyes and Won't Get Fooled Again were duets with Roger,
so we got a taste of his guitar work.  Too bad he won't/can't play electric
anymore, but I can live with this.

11) Roger - see above - looked good, sounded good, eye didn't seem to be
giving him any problems.

Finally - seeing Pete, Roger and John standing arm in arm at end with the
waves of applause washing over them was worth the price of admission (or at
least the facility charge).  If you haven't seen the show yet, you are in for
a treat!!!

- - Andy