Re: Romans and stuff Pt.2

White Fang wrote:

<< Interesting how you seemed to
 feel that "political journalism" was it at the time... I remember JEM very
 well... Plainfield, NJ I believe...  >>

Well - I'm an idealist trapped in a cynic's body I guess.  I really believe
that journalism is the last great hope that protects the public from the
overbearing big bad Federal government - when it properly does it's job -
which it rarely does.  Basically, I truly think that ALL politicians suck -
some more than others - and it is the job of good journalism to tell us when
these schmucks are doing things wrong - regardless of the political
persuasion.   I just laughed when the Reagan guys whined about ABC's Sam
Donaldson getting in their face all the time about certain things.  Well
jerks - that was what he was SUPPOSED to do - and he did it in Jimmy Carter's
face too because that was what he was SUPPOSED to do.  Quite simple actually
in concept.

I ended up working for JEM Records as their West Coast sales manager for a
few years.  I really thought it was cool that Marty Scott (the guy who
started the company) started what became a multi-million dollar import
distributor because he could not find a copy of "The Who - Direct Hits"  when
he was younger!!   He also told me that he told Pete that story when he went
over to London to finalize the deal I set up about buying all of the second
issue Meher Baba LP's.  Pete thought that was interesting as well - although
I know he never understood record collecting at all unlike John did.

Have a great week at MSG (mono-sodium glutimate)

Greg Biggs