Pete's hearing

Thanks, AthosWhite, for posting that interview with PT about why he can't
play loud electric; it answered questions I've had on the subject for years.
I presume earplugs won't work because PT can't "feel" the music this way
either. As for the lister who suggested, as per PT's suggestion of a few
years ago, that the problem is due to using earphones while intoxicated or
stoned, I don't doubt there's some truth to that, but I think anyone who
thinks the kind of sound pressures generated on the modern rock stage  don't
harm hearing is kidding themselves.  Players I'm aware of who have admitted
to hearing damage in addition to PT include Jeff Beck, Neil Young, some of
the Ramones, Eddie Van Halen ("I have the hearing of a 70 year old") and
Alex Van Halen. Yet what about Richards, Pagey and Clapton? The mysteries
abound...Gary M.