Last Night's Show

     Call me crazy, but after viewing the Hyde Park show and attending last
     night's MSG show, I still think that Simon Phillips blows Zak away on
     "Love Reign O'er Me."  In my opinion, Zak isn't even close.

     It's almost like the band was reading our posts.  Billy Idol was
     understated, Gary Glitter stayed within reason and Joan Osborne
     honored the opening act adage, "Be brief, be good, be gone."  Did the
     video screen even show The Ox between "The Real Me" and "5:15".

     My favorite part of Quad last night--The trading-off of vocals between
     the four of them during "Had Enough," ie, "I've had enough of
     living..."

     And the last song of the encore was truly just for Who-lovers.  Most
     of the fairweather fans had no idea what "Naked Eye" was.  Their loss.
     Daltrey was great on the acoustic, and I love when Pete said, "That's
     it.  No, it's not."  Pete was tremendous when he sang "He only comes
     out when I drink my ginnnn!"  And how 'bout when everyone pointed at
     Idol every time that they sang, "Bellboy."

                        Chris M.