Voice from the past....

wow.

I just had to drop another note about last night's performance... I thought it
was absolutely brilliant.  It far surpassed my expectations.  I was really
knocked out with the vocal performances;  Roger just was tremendous -- I
thought his voice was the best it's ever been.  He seemed to be able to reach
for the higher register, more so than at Hyde Park (at least the HBO clips).
Pete was on with his vocals, too.  John was in top form as well.
        I think what really made the show -- and I'd be interested to know how
others feel about this -- is Zak Starkey's drumming.  I couldn't believe it,
but I think they found a very appropriate guy to sit in since Keith left.
I just think Zak's style fit in almost perfectly, especially for Quad.
        I could have done without the Narrator, and I really didn't need to
see Gary Glitter up there, either.  I thought Billy Idol did alright as the
Bell Boy, though.... the audience went kind of nuts for him, too, it seemed...
        Very nice to catch up with the lot of ya, too.... will be back in town
for Saturday's show;  hope to see more of you there, either at Molly Wees, or
the Garden Tavern.

        gary m.

PS:  Considering only 2 tracks have been submitted so far, for the tape, I
guess this means the date has been pushed back some more.   Hopefully, I'll
get some recording done and submit a piece or two.