No Subject

As for the Who's show here's what I liked:

1) "Keith and I won in the end and Roger just lost" Pete Townshend from
30 years 1994.  Bzzzzt!  Wrong.  Roger Daltrey IS the Who today, without
question no if ands or buts.  He sang his ass off at 52 and blew away his
DDT Carnagie performance, no one his age in rock has that power anymore.
I now bow to Roger, his heart is bigger than ever.

2)Zak Starkey.  Does anyone realize that Zak is the exact same age as
Keith Moon when he died?  Goes to show you how long it's been since the
Who were THE BAND.  Anyway, Zak's good I like him.  He played Keith's
role without straining and without losing focus like Simon would tend to
do time to time.

3)Drowned.  The one thing Pete hasn't lost is the uncanny knack to play
the hell out of an acoustic guitar.  He didn't win those Guitar Player
best rhythm guitarist awards year after year for nothing.

4)Best for last, JAE...the bass (and dancing) master.  I hate how they make
his bass thin in the live mix, he needs that old fat sound he had during
the Who's prime to be really effective.

Things I didn't like:

1)Pete Townshend.  Compared to Roger, and John, he's in slow motion.  It's
painful that the once "winner" for band leader is now content on playing
alongside his brother in a background role.  If he's not able to leap and
jump around at 51 that's fine, but at least show some emotion and the
stage presence that made you the magnet for attention.

2)Gary Glitter.  Just didn't fit at all.  While watching him I
immediately felt that Elton could've done this perfectly.  Afterall when
has Elton turned down the opportunity to dress up in leather and studs?

3) David Gilmour.  As someone has already said, just shut up and play.