New CDs/Stereo Versions/Reissue Campaign

A few things:

1) This mostly goes to Fang, but anyone else can add... Has anyone noticed
the glitches in We're Not Gonna Take It on the new Tommy issue? I noticed
tons of them, mostly in the first few minutes of the song. I exchanged the
CD and it had the same noises. Little pops I guess you would call them.
They are very random, and it sounds like some sort of "digital" noise, like
something that would have happened in the mastering process.

2) I was not on the list when it came out, and did not have the old copy,
but how is the new Sell Out so different from the old version. I have heard
many comments on this.

3) A while back I started a thread on what songs could be in stereo.
Somebody said My Generation could, which I know. They also said songs like
Happy Jack, The Last Time, and Under My Thumb (among others) would only be
in mono. Any ideas why? Obvously they were recorded on multi track tape.
Couldnt the masters be found ala WGFA?

4)The old Magic Bus debate. Fang stated the only good verion is the stereo
one on the LP. He said all other versions sounded like the old Decca mono
single. I have the US CD of Whos Better, Whos Best, and the sound is
stereo, pretty clean besides a few dropouts (loss of high end), and very
wide stereo seperation. It i much different from the mono version on the
box set and on Whos Greatest Hits. Is this the same version as on the LP,
or is there yet a different (better) version out there?

Sure hope MCA/Polydor make a decision on the My Generation deal. It sounds
like the tapes are in good shape, and if a deal is reached I think it would
be great if Talmy went back and did a (stereo) re-mix job.

Think that is it. Just sticking to camping (see the url below...)

Luke

- -----

Check out Western Field Studies trip #25:

http://www2.corenet.net/wfs