Re: The sound of Pete making money

Litgo, re:

<< Heard Happy Jack on MUZAK while walking through a mall. Quite a version!

Speaking of which...

I was at a record show yesterday. I asked one of the dealers (who usually
carries Who stuff) if he was going to MSG...

...He got really pissy and said, "No <Riker> way! I've supported that <Riker>
band for so many <Riker> years and <Riker> Pete Townshend pulls this American
Express <Picard>!!! That's It, I'm selling my entire Who collection. <Riker>
them! I can't believe that <Riker> Townshend went corporate! That's <Riker>
it! I'm NOT even going watch the HBO special! <Riker> Them!"

OK...

So, I walked around (nothing to buy :( ---Chris, the guy didn't have what you
were looking for--I'll keep looking, though...) and on the way out, saw him
again. I said, "Let me know what you have to sell from your Who collection."
And then he says...

"...well...maybe I'll watch the HBO special. If it's any good. MAYBE I'll go.
I can get tickets you know. It's just that I'm so <Riker> pissed off!"

Needless to say, THIS guy was VERY animated...

- -wf