Mardi Gras (little Who content)

Apropos drinking in the streets in the U.S. Jack Kerouac once wrote, I
believe in  Desolation Angels, that San Francisco was the only town in the
U.S. where you can walk down the streets with a beer in your hand and nobody
will bother you. The White City, as called it ( I knew there was a Who link
somewhere: two artists as great as PT and  Jack Kerouac have to have
something in common...). I wonder if Jack's statement still holds true for
san Fran, a great town for rock and roll and many other things. "We built
this city on rock and roll", as I'm sure you Bay Area listers will
agree.....Gary M.