Re: Phil Collins on the Skins

Kamesh:

>I've (heard) Phil Collins the drummer and I can't say that I am impressed.

Phil Collins will never make any drummer's short list of favorites but in the
period from about '78-'87 the guy wrote the book on the FM style, "hook
oriented" rock/pop tune.  After Peter Gabriel left Genisis, the Collins-led
band abandoned progressive rock to go for the cash and, benefiting form
terrific bandmates, superb production, great label support and widespread
radio airplay he's become filthy rich.  He gets higher marks from me as a
promoter/businessman than as an "artist" or drummer.

JJM