Gad's self immolation/description - go ahead read/weep/or just skip!

>> I wish.  I'll have to rely on my intrepid US Who fan friends for that =
one.=20
>> Thanks for the help w/ URL's.  You're relatively new to the List, =
aintcha?=20
>> Tell me a little about yourself if you don't mind.
Chris,

I'll be happy to jot a few words of self-description. I'd be curious =
about you as well.

I am 34 years old (under the average!), married, with child (nearly 3 =
years old), and live in Palo Alto (next to  Stanford University, south =
of San Francisco).=20

I've been a Who fan since 1975 when, as a
13 year old I went to a matinee showing of Tommy (yes, the movie) in =
glorious quadrophonic
sound (well, at least there were speakers everywhere, and it was awfully =
loud) at the Cinedome in Orange, California. =20

I was completely blown away. At that point, I hardly listed to, shall we =
say, popular music. I immediately ran to the local record shop and =
plunked down the big $3.69 for the current Who album (By Numbers, in =
many ways still my favorite) as well as Tommy. Before long I had all the =
standard US releases. In April (I believe - gotta check the ticket stub) =
of 1996 the Who played the local stadium (Anaheim, California) and I was =
fortunate to have the opportunity to get my ears (and mind) blown away. =
Since then, I've been collecting (with a sharp drop-off in the 80's) the =
music (perhaps a hundred or more tapes, many of the early boots, =
laserdiscs, whatever) and going to shows.

My wife is not a fan. However, she's been to the last sets of PT shows =
(Fillmore in April and both Berkeley shows on Psychoderelict) and =
enjoyed both immensely. My son was about a month or so before birth at =
the Psychoderelict shows. Perhaps that's why he seems to like the Who so =
much. (Daddy, isn't that rock and roll?) In addition, I feel pretty well =
supported - my wife encourage me to go to Hyde Park, and seems =
completely understanding about the MSG shows as well.  After the =
Fillmore show she stood with me for what seemed like hours as I waited =
for PT's autograph.=20

By the way, Chris, when I was in Tokyo I didn't find any Who boots, =
although I found lots of those from other bands. Do they exist, or is it =
really mostly an Italian thing?

Anyway, that's long enough!

Glad to meet you and so many of the rest of you out there.

- - - Gad

From: Rich Niven <RNiven@prudential.com>