heh?

Jeff,

And all this time I thought you were just a "blood and thunder" guy.
Hell, it was thanks to you that I went back to reexamine my Black Sabbath
collection and realized that I needed to get BS, Paranoid, Vol 4, SBS,
and possibly Sabbath's masterpiece Sabbotage on CD.

However this Abba revalation brings me to my other side of rock music,
seeking those intelligent pop songwriters.  That is why if you haven't
given them a listen as of yet I strongly recommend Blur.  If you start
with Blur's Modern Life is Rubbish, you really get a feel for the
guitarist's clear influences (he has claimed to have taught himself
thanks to albums such as LAL).  After that album the band tends to mellow
slightly, but still churning out catchy songs that are too original to be
popular these days.

This statement might be controversial on this list, but I always found
that Todd Rundgren's golden era (post Nazz/pre Utopia) was the American
equivalent of Townshend's Tommy--->Quad era.  I'm not saying that
Rundgren was better but that if anyone came close it was he.
Something/Anything is still one of my favorite albums and shows not only
a true gift of songwriting but a knack of knowing they way around a
studio.

From: DylansMuse@aol.com