Update From Hell

Hi guys. First of all, here's the news. Bertha is expected to make landfall
at 2 AM in Myrtle Beach, SC. The winds have subsided a bit, down to 80 MPH
but could easily strengthen again as it's now passing over the Gulf Stream
(which has been known to strengthen storms).
But even as I type our friend Tim Herrlinger (in Charleston) is experiencing
the first wave of the storm. Fortunately for him, the W side is the weak
side. Fortunately for me, too, since the eye will hit here. That means the
strong side (which is aimed directly at Andy's beach house) won't hit here,
either.
As for me, I skated home clean with no probs, since all of the touristas
bailed earlier. Now I'm having dinner, after which I will go to a friend's
house which was built when men were men and buildings were structurally able
to handle 80 MPH winds.
The storm (that is, extremely inclimate weather) will be here for about 12
hours. I do intend to take my computer over to his house so I might even be
online for a while. We'll see how long he has power. My house, at least,
will have power...underground cables, you know, and we live about a mile
from the hospital so they get it back on pretty quick. It may be that his
family comes over here after the storm...and then we all come to NYC on
Tuesday and see The Who.
What a life!

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete
Townshend

    subscribe thewho-digest

in the body of a message to majordomo@igtc.com

A non-digest (direct mail) version of this list is also available; to
subscribe to that instead, replace "thewho-digest" in the command above
with "thewho".

Back issues are available for anonymous FTP from ftp.igtc.com in
/pub/pmm/thewho.

From: Scott Smith <postmaster@yami.com>