Re: WF and the mono I Can See For Miles

Brian, re:

> I just got a copy of Maximum BBC, which is the first time I'd heard
>     the bassy mono "I Can See For Miles" outside of The Singles LP.  I'd
>     also noticed that my British and U.S. single copies don't sound like
>     this.  My question is, is this the mono mix that Pete describes in his
>     Rolling Stone Magazine review of Meaty, Beaty, Big & Bouncy as being
>     so much better than the stereo version?  And is it on the mono Sell
>     Out LP which I understand has some differences from the stereo?

Forget it! It's been discussed before! :) (jk) No, this version is the "BBC"
version. The mono version which John overdubbed a "little" extra bass on... I
don't have the Rolling Stone article, but this version (which you can get
officially on the "Who Singles" CD) IS different.

The current "official" versions of "I Can See For Miles" are as follows (with
common source, noted...)

1) Mono single version (original single, mono Sell Out)
2) Common stereo version (original Sell Out CD, most any greatest hits CD)

3) Remixed stereo version (New Sell Out--speed corrected)
4) Extra Bass mono version (The Who Singles--Polydor)
5) Kids Are Alright version (redubbed vocal track---less separation--original
VINYL album, OR Polydor CD. The MCA CD has the common version...)
6) 1989 Live version  (Join Together)

From: WFang01@aol.com