Re: Mark & Bernd Live & Update

>For the moment, however, you should rather wish Mark good luck during the
>imminent hurricane.  If you are religious, pray for him, his family, his
house,
>his shop, and his customers.  After all, we want that the subject line `Mark
&
>Bernd Live' will still be true tomorrow, right?

Bernd:

Thanks; I WILL be alive tomorrow. I'm a survivor, you know. I've survived
all your major disasters...
Actually, I'm not worried about that aspect of the storm. Only a few are
killed, and a lot of them are foolish in their way of handling it ("Let's go
see what the waves look like!" or "I'm staying here and getting drunk...I
don't care what the Governer says!"). Me, I'm a seasoned veteran at this.
Only if a tornado should touch down where I am will I be threatened. And
what are the odds? If this storm was a major leaguer, I'd be writing this
from the Smoky Mountains. Or rather, I wouldn't `cause where I go there is
no power or phones.
My main concerns: property damage and the disruption of business just before
coming to NYC (I WANTED to have a good week, so I'd have some extra spending
cash)...and that has already happened (only two sales today).
So I'll roll with it...what else can I do?

Rich N:

Try meditating...it works for me.

BTW, MB has been ordered evacuated now. I'm breaking the law (yet another
time) by staying here (I guess). Of course, I'm hardly alone in this...there
are houses all around here and people in them. To be factual, my store is
about 5 miles from the coast...with the front (the vulnerable side) facing
away from the ocean. Things should be pretty cool here.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete
Townshend

From: sharkbait@juno.com (Mike S Schmidt)