WF and the mono I Can See For Miles

        Sorry for the lateness of this question for wf, but I'm just going
     through my mail from taking a week off.
        I just got a copy of Maximum BBC, which is the first time I'd heard
     the bassy mono "I Can See For Miles" outside of The Singles LP.  I'd
     also noticed that my British and U.S. single copies don't sound like
     this.  My question is, is this the mono mix that Pete describes in his
     Rolling Stone Magazine review of Meaty, Beaty, Big & Bouncy as being
     so much better than the stereo version?  And is it on the mono Sell
     Out LP which I understand has some differences from the stereo?

                        Thanks in advance of aid,

                        Brian