Re: Lifehouse Complete

On Tue, Jul 9, 1996 4:52:01 AM  at TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com wrote:

>Apparently MCA wanted to release "Who's Next" as a 2 CD "Lifehouse"
complete
>shibang, but Polydor didn't want to go for it. My comment was, between
this
>and "Leeds", the fans lost out.... :(  Oh well...

Perhaps if the Pet Sounds box set does well, MCA will consider devoting a
box set to the Lifehouse sessions (only five more years until the 30th
anniversary).  Imagine this: disc one contains 75+ minutes of Pete demos,
disc two contains 75+ minutes of Record Plant material, disc three contains
75+ minutes of Olympic Studios material (perhaps Jon will look in all of
the other unmarked boxes and discover the remaining multitracks), and disc
four contains 75+ minutes of materials recorded live at the Young Vic.  By
the way, does anyone know if Astley & Co. have recovered any more of the
famous Olympic Studios dumpster tapes (some of which ended up on Lifehouse
to Leeds).  I was going over my back issues of Generations and noticed a
listing of the contents of all the tapes  retrieved from the dumpster (one
of which reportedly contained Time is Passing).