Re: Pre- and Post- Concert Site/Quad Hangout Location

Mason, Re:

>        My suggestion would be to see if Stacey has the time to go and check
>out both Beefsteak Charlies and Harp's Bar and let her make the decision.
>I think the points made for both sides are quite valid... we might even con-
>sider doing Beefsteak Charlie's for pre-concert (I'm not sure how busy they
>will be 2 hours before the show), and Harps afterwards.
>
>        Anyway - I don't know what your time is like, Stacey, but if it is
>possible for you to check them out and make the call, it would be much
>appreciated and really helpful!

        I plan on being in Manhattan on Thursday, so I can check them out
more thoroughly then.  I'll post my findings ASAP.

Scott James, Re:

>Lets come up with another spot to have this little freak. I may be around
>their tomorrow and will look things over. The Penn Bar at 32 and 8th is
>small, but super funky. I think they have one of Keiths cymbals or sticks
>on the wall. Have you ever been in their? they have Garden Memorabilia up
>on the walls. nothing like a hard rock cafe just a few concert and sports
>things. This place is a dive, but right down the block from MSG.

        This sounds to me like it may have possibilities.  I can save you
the trip there tommorow by checking out The Penn Bar along with Harp's and
BC on Thursday.

>At 30th street and 8th on the NE corner is a place, I forget the name but
>it's just up from Downtime I'll get the name. Funky little joint, I don't
>think they would card anyone, and of course they have drinks for those who
>don't, drink. Might be just out of the way enough. If the ladies on the
>list need super close proximty (like the low frequency on a SM 57) then
>this may be a bit far. 4 blocks or so.

        I think this is a little far, but I can check this out anyway.
Interesting analogy...
                                         Stacey (with a mouth full of Novocain.)