Scalping Laws in NYC

What are the scalping laws in NYC and does anyone have any advice for
buying tickets off the street?  I'll be seeing the show on Saturday the
20th (I have a 300 level ticket) but would like to be closer.  In the
past just before a show starts I've been extremely lucky at getting good
single tickets for shows.  I paid face value for a 10th row ticket to
see Eric Clapton on his blues tour and $20 over face for a 13th row
ticket to see Pete Townshend in Chicago in '93.

Other than the obvious (counterfit tickets, tickets not where they are
represented to be, cops, etc) what specific to NYC do I have to look out
for when haggling for tickets on the street?

Thanks,

Kyle Ewing
Indianapolis