Re: Here's a MSG gathering site

Fang, Re:

>Sta-cee, re:
>
><< I found this place:
>
>         Harp Bar & Restaurant
>         32nd Street between 6th and 7th Ave's (closer to 7th.)
>
>         I don't know the precise address, but it's next door to 134 32nd
> St.  The bar's exterior is mostly wood, and it is across the street from
> Stern's.  To further help you find it, 32nd Street is perpendicular to Penn
> Station's main entrance on 7th Avenue.  I only peeked through the window,
> but it seems like a nice place. >>
>
>I think we need to see if it's big enough. Remember the "Rum Room"??? I think
>we need a place that will hold about 150 or so of us, not to mention the
>"regulars" and any "non-affiliated" Who fans, who may be passing by. Then of
>course if the McMuffin enters and blows a trousercough... ...we're all
>doomed!!!

        I could be wrong, but when I looked in the window, the bar seemed
big enough.  I was surprised to find that there were not too many bars in
the immediate vicinity of MSG.  There are tons of 99 cent stores, and
restaurants where you have to sit and order a meal, but no bars.  Harp Bar
is a half of a block away from MSG, and is easy to find.  Anyone who's
under 21 can enter, but you can't buy any alcohol, of course (there's a
bodega around the corner--I'm sure someone over 21 can hook you up ;).)
Unless anyone has a better suggestion, I think Harp is good, however I
could go back there and see what else I could find.  Someone told me later
on that there's a Houlihan's near there, which would definitely be
sufficient in size.
                                                                        Stacey.