The "Who is God?" Tirade

>Let me offer a CHALLENGE TO YOU Mark Leaman (Mr.Quick Wit). Go
>to a Depak Chopra lecture in your area (his books are great but not as
>effective) and come out still telling me that we are just MATERIAL
>BODIES WITH NO PURPOSE!
>P.S. He quotes from TOMMY in his lectures,the man knows the WHO!

Roland:

As Peter Tosh said: "Preacher man don't tell me..."
I have the advantage of having put in long and hard years studying the
various major religions of the world, and have found the path for myself
that makes the most sense to me considering what we know and don't know
about humans, their cultures, and the probable state of mind a supreme being
would have. Anyone who takes their spiritual path from a Rock band (or star)
or a movie, TV show, Lecture...I'd have to wonder about. Correct me if I'm
wrong, but this IS the most important decision you're going to make in your
life, right? So my advice (as an at least semi-intelligent and educated
being) would be to study and research as much as you can before deciding.
"Don't follow leaders..." as Dylan said. Find out for yourself.
One thing that really gets my goat is someone who looks into only one set o
beliefs and then decides they have the one and only truth. I'd say that is
strong evidence that they're wrong. For instance, did you know that the two
major Xtian holidays have nothing to do with what they are supposed to be
about? That's right; Xmas just happens to be during the Druid festival
called Yule (heard of that one, right?) and incorportates many pagen
elements (the tree, the presents, Santa Claus). All the while there is
strong evidense that JC was born in October...
Also, Easter is based on the cycle of the moon, which just happens to be
coincide with the Druid Spring fertility rites. Then there's the eggs and
rabbits and so on.
History tells us that the early Xtian cult brought the Druids in, to
strengthen their small group. And obviously allowed some of the Druid
culture to dilute and change their beliefs. So Xtianity was corrupted almost
from the beginning...
But if one ONLY studies this one religion, they wouldn't know things like
this. I'd also advise a detailed study of history AROUND the religions,
especially written by non-members.
Townshend found his path. Is it the correct one? My feeling is that there
are many paths to the Big G. And it's possible that any or all will get you
there. But anyone who claims to be an expert should at least see what the
other guys have to say. That seems more rational than a Universal Mind that
demands that you MUST worship him/her/it...which doesn't make sense, really,
as someone/thing that superior would not have a small ego, one would assume.
I mean, if you're a God you don't need to be told you're great, right? It
kind of goes with the territory. He/she/it would not to prone to something
as utterly human as pride, surely.
I respect the Baba path...it doesn't dictate rigid and unrealistic rules
that go against everything we are predetermined to do, which is a good sign.
And given that a UM set up the conditions of the game we call life, he would
certainly (as a loving and forgiving God) understand when we stumble...and
not consign us to forever in a lake of fire.
(trying not to sound like Andy Rooney) And why does the threat of eternal
damnation smack of fear tactics? Something once again completely human. Hmmm?
Scientists say that the odds of amino acids coming together is a way to
create life are astronomical...so it's reasonable to accept the idea of a
supreme being. Whether he's involved in our lives, or preset everything to
work out a certain way, or just sitting back to see what will happen is
something we don't know for sure.

                   Cheers                   ML (champion of the new QUAD)

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend