Re: new Quad (tape machine noise)

wf and JEFF, re:

>You guys aren't referring to the "railway station" sounds at the beginning
of
>"5:15", are you???

 and

>I always thought that beginning bit was the inside of a train station. I
>can hear people talking and making noise although the sound is low in the
>mix of the song. I'm not sure what that clanking noise is on there though.

"Listen verrrry carefully, my son..." (voice of Yoda, or some other Star Trek
sage)

That's what I thought Christopher Goosman was talking about at first. But,
listening on the headphones *carefully* I heard what he was talking about.
It's much more clearly heard on the new one, but it can be found on the old
one too. I was using the old MCA discs (the ones that came as two separate
jewel cases).

It's as if they were playing the tape of the train station sounds while
getting the piano track tape up to speed. It sounds like a slight whirring
that starts low and speeds up. On the remix you can hear it twice before they
turn down the station sounds track.

Litgo