Re: pizza

At 07:39 AM 7/5/96 -0400, WFang01@aol.com wrote:
>Bernd, re:
>
><< Hm, I haven't been to Chicago so far, but being a pizza fan like you, I
>have
> tried lots of pizze everywhere I have been in Europe.  Best ones I got were
>in
> Northern Italy (at various places), worst one I ever ate was at Pompei...
> >>

>The pizza I've had in Europe (England, France, Belgium, Holland & Germany)
>was a bit better (perhaps) than the frozen variety that they offer here. I
>have heard that Italy has wonderful pizza. Maybe if there's a record show :),
>we'll go there this fall...

All you pizza lovers, especially you New Yorkers, should check out Peppe's
pizza in New Haven, the best pizza in the WORLD (don't just believe me -
listed as best in the country in Gourmet!) I've just been thinking about it
as 2 different friends on vacation made special drives, one from Boston, one
from NY, just to have some & both, hard-core pizza lovers, have been
blathering about it since! I haven't had any since August & am suddenly
feeling homesick! (BTW, the white clam pie is pure heaven!!!!)

Best, GaryM