Re: Scalpers

Hello all,

I was thinking about my earlier post that contained

- - --------
There is more disposable income in America every year, and ticket prices
for concerts have not increased proportionally with the increased available
entertainment dollars.  {snip]

You may not like the market but it's the hallmark of freedom.  Anyone care
to join me in A Quick One?  <cue music> "God bless America..."
- - --------

and realized I was subconsciously writing for an American audience, not an
international one.  Obviously, as scalpers exist elsewhere besides the US,
the point about disposable income outrunning ticket prices applies in other
countries as well...and in the last bit I was being exaggeratedly
nationalistic for humorous effect, which would have been better written for
a US-only audience.  No offense meant.  Thanks, I feel better.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend

From: Bernd Gramlich <gramlich@btm1x1.mat.uni-bayreuth.de>