Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #217

On Tue, Jul 2, 1996 6:02:35 PM  at TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com wrote:

>I wouldn't mind getting Baba & WGFA from `71, though. Or 5:15 from `73. Or

>Pinball from `69, or Boris from `67/68. Not to mention MG from `65/66. The

>rest, I agree, are covered well enough on the new LEEDS.
>Allow me to repost MY song selection for the dream 5 disc set, all of
which
>SHOULD be available to MCA:

I like your selections.  However, there's no way that the indivdual discs
would hold all the tracks (esp. discs three and five), so you're probably
looking at a seven disc set.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I'd gladly buy it.  I just don't think MCA at this point has any intention
of releasing anything more than a two disc set.  The Hendrix Stages and
Clapton Crossroads 2 box sets show that a 4CD box set is definitely
feasible, though.

Personally, I'd like to see something along the lines of Zappa's You Can't
Do That on Stage live anthology  series -- a series of chrological double
disc live compilations.  One set could cover all the pre'69 material.
Another could cover '69-70.  A third could cover 71-72.  A fourth could
cover 73-74.  A fifth could cover the exemplary 76 tour.  A sixth could
cover the '79-80 tours, etc.  Unlike a box set, each of these could be
reasonably priced, and the release dates could be spread out in order to
avoid a glut of live material.

From: IISheds@aol.com