CD's and vinyl

[Greg notes that remastering is basically a waste of time, he prefers
vinyl, and asks for examples of albums that sound better as CD's than
their British vinyl pressings]

[Mark L states that there are reasons he prefers CD's, and throws up a
pretty decent list]

I'd have to go with Mark on this one.  I prefer the accurate reproduction
of what actually happened in the studio to the "warmth" (Needle Noise I
call it) of vinyl.  And I would add that the remastered CD's of Yes'
'Close To The Edge,' 'Fragile' and 'The Yes Album' are *far* superior to
the vinyl, and so is Pink Floyd's 'Meddle.'

More importantly, if they aren't, so what?  How easy is it to find a
British vinyl pressing of 'Kiln House' or 'Disraeli Gears' (of course,
excluding the fact that you may be in the business of
buying/selling/trading collectible music items) and what does it cost for
the average consume to buy one?  Add to that the fact that vinyl is a
much higher maintenance item with a shorter lifespan, and CD's are
clearly the best choice for most people.

OK,
KLW