Re: New York bashing

At 06:46 AM 7/3/96 -0400, Biggsk@aol.com wrote:

>I spent a week there for a record industry convention in 1980 and one of the
>first things I discovered was that the hamburger I had in the hole in the
>wall place across from my hotel (near the Garden) cost me over $7 and the
>drink brought the lunch up to $10!!!   Rule number 1 in my book - there is NO
>hamburger in the world worth $7 - unless it comes with incredible (with the
>lady of my choice - I was single then BTW).

Now that turkey club I had at the Waldorf for $16.50 on my honeymoon in 1980
- - that was a steal!

>Secondly, I hit all the record stores, saw lots of incredibly overpriced
>records compared to what I could get in LA (where I lived at the time) -
>which was about the same kind of stuff - and as such - bought maybe one or
>two records total.

You were too late! I cleaned out all the stores in NYC in the late '70's!!!

>I also tried that pizza place you suggested - it was good but the place I eat
>at in Chicago almost every month is much better!!!

Uh-oh, you and I went through this before. You call that cracker crust pizza
dough? However, Frontera Grill in Chicago certainly did have great Mexican food!

>There were some things about the city that I found fascinating but mostly it
>was a big turnoff - it was also the only city I've ever been in that smelled.
> I am no fan of LA either (lived there 15 years), but I would gladly move
>back there rather than go to live in New York.   Sorry Rich ole' pal.  I
>doubt I would even go to New York to see the Second Coming.

My wife and I both love New York City. I think there's a lot to love there
and a lot to hate, too.

>Greg (who lives in semi-boring Ohio but longs for the God-like South) Biggs

Joe (who now lives in completely-boring Queensbury, NY but longs for the
Outer Banks of North Carolina)