Re: QUAD and the Live retro.

>The first part of this is for Mark Leaman:  OK, I gotta admit, seeing stuff
>from Hyde Park has me psyched.  It's good to see the Who get some coverage
>again.  I will stop peeing on parades. Go to NYC, have a great time and think
>of the rest of us.

Jim:

It's not too late for you, you know. I have extra tickets for the 17th. Come
on, man. Join us.

>Second, thanks the posting of the response on the Retro Live cd from MCA.  A
>two-disk set that features TOMMY on the first disk is very disappointing
>because it opens an even greater opportunity for the first disk to be "live
>greatest hits."  It doesn't bother me that the TOMMY thing is going to be
>culled from several shows.  I think the Who deserve a clean representation of
>the show, especially for those who are new to the Who (oo, internal rhyme).
> But hearing all of this makes me cringe because I feel we're gonna get live
>versions of
>MY G., BABA, WGFA, PINBALL, CAN'T EXPLAIN, BORIS THE SPIDER (or possibly MY
>WIFE), WHO ARE YOU, YOUNG MAN BLUES, 5:15, in other words, the usual
>suspects.

I wouldn't mind getting Baba & WGFA from `71, though. Or 5:15 from `73. Or
Pinball from `69, or Boris from `67/68. Not to mention MG from `65/66. The
rest, I agree, are covered well enough on the new LEEDS.
Allow me to repost MY song selection for the dream 5 disc set, all of which
SHOULD be available to MCA:

Disk One:  `64-`68

Here Tis
Dance (To Keep From Crying)
Leaving Here
Pretty Thing
Shout And Shimmy
I Can't Explain
Daddy Rolling Stone
Anytime You Want Me
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere
La La La Lies
My Generation
Runaround Sue
Substitute
Please Don't Touch
Happy Jack
So Sad About Us
Boris The Spider
Batman
Disguises
I Can See For Miles
Pictures Of Lily
My Way (aka Easy Going Guy)
Little Billy
Relax

Disk Two: 1969

TOMMY complete
Summertime Blues
Shaking All Over (including Spoonful)

Disk Three: `71-72

Baba O'Riley
Bargain
Behind Blue Eyes
Too Much Of Anything
Getting In Tune
Water
Naked Eye
Roadrunner
My Wife
Love Ain't For Keeping
Bonie Moronie
Pure And Easy
Let's See Action
The Relay
Baby, Don't You Do It
Join Together
Won't Get Fooled Again

Disk Four: 1973

QUADROPHENIA complete

Disk Five: `75-89

Magic Bus
Dreaming From The waist
Slip Kid
Squeeze Box
Music Must Change
Who Are You
Sister Disco
Dance It Away
The Quiet One
Don't Let Go The Coat
You Better You Bet
Another Tricky Day
Athena
Dangerous
Cry If You Want
Born On The Bayou
Hey Joe

Feel free to hack it into little pieces...

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend