LMLOTD & Tomorrow Never Knows

I don't know how many other Beatle people there are on the list (I would
stress that while I do classify myself as a "Beatle person" I would classify
myself as a "Who person" first), but I'd like to see if anyone understands or
agrees with me on this.  When I first got the Beatles' "Anthology 2" cd, the
track that most struck me (apart from the WAY rockin' "Good Morning Good
Morning") was the early take of "Tomorrow Never Knows."  Its spare and dark
backing "music" (if it can really be called that) set off the lyrics in a
whole new way.  I thought it was scary how something that stark could be so
powerful (of course, my wife hated it).  TNK was always one of my faves off
Revolver, but the version on Anthology just gave it a whole new context and
meaning, and I think I like it even better than the "original."

The e. cola mix of LMLOTD on coolwalking. . . (which I just got--yeah I know
I'm lazy) struck me in the same way.  It's a lot more polished and less dark
than the "new" TNK, but there's still a starkness that *I* think makes the
song a hell of a lot more powerful.  I always liked LMLOTD even if I did
consider it "froth," but I think I like this version a lot more--it doesn't
seem quite as "frothy."  Does that make any sense to anyone out there?  I've
seen a lot of "yeah, it's ok" on the list, but does anyone else like it
better than the original?

Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream. . .
AThosWhite