PT's comments in Toronto '82

Gary M. Gillman writes:
>> what did PT mean when he made that crack about it's hard making it seem
hard and the audience not understanding what he was saying.? I've long
puzzled over this. My best guess is that it's a ribald joke. Any thoughts?<<

i was at the show,  and Pete seemed to be directing the end of that statement
to the crowd right in front of the stage,   which was under the hanging PA
and not getting the clearest sound in a notoriously bad sounding hall.   i
think he really meant that his comments weren't being clearly heard down
front.

Mark Leaman writes re Dr. Jimmy in Toronto:
>>Well, "I can say without reservation" that it isn't Toronto. I have the
entire show, and it does have Dr Jimmy...but there is no such chatter before
it.<<
The comments do appear on my Toronto '82 radio b'cast tape.   as do the
comments proceeding Drowned and Emminence Front.
the problem here may be that there are several versions of the Toronto b'cast
around.   there's the original radio simulcast,  the original pay-per-view TV
b'cast, and the free-in-Toronto TV b'cast,   all of which were b'cast live
from the show, and all of which were complete,  except the free one,  which
substituted commercials for Cry If You Want.    then there's several edited
radio b'casts which were played by various stations for months (years?)
later,  there's the edited video available in stores,  and the edited HBO
version which they showed for a month or two.       I do think the tape Eddie
has is probably one of the Toronto b'cast edits.    BTW,  young man blues
wasn't played very regularly on the tour,  it wasn't played in Orlando,   but
it was in Toronto at the last show.