Re: Hyde Park

I got back today - nice to hear what everyone else had to say.

As you have already read, those that were prepared to love it..did. =
Those (like the Guardian) who figured this was a show for old =
farts...didn't.
The sound was excellent. I was amazed at how easy it was to get close to =
the stage. I got to the park around 8am, and just sat right at the =
entrance to one of the barriers. Was among the first few in.

The band was just fantastic...that is really what I think..oh by the =
way, which one's Pete? In other words, if you were expecting lots of =
Pete, you'd have been disappointed. But everything came off great, =
although Roger's voice seemed a little hoarse towards the end. He =
started sipping something (brandy, eh?) after songs in the latter half =
of the show. Pete was clearly elated - vindicated, perhaps more likely. =
I hadn't seem him grin so much in a long time...although he was pretty =
up at the Fillmore show in April. The energy was never quite that of a =
"real" Who show (pick your favorite, tour, show), but at times it came =
close.

To Bernd, Joe, and others trying to get together...I was too exhausted =
after the show. I had a brief look around the area, then went to my room =
and crashed. See you in New York, right?

I look forward to meeting some of you folks in NYC.

Gad