Re: News from England on Hyde Park...

At 09:48 PM 6/30/96 -0400, Fang wrote:

>From what I was told... John & Roger carried the
>show as you couldn't hear Pete's guitar (acoustic)
>in the mix ...

     Generally correct, but mostly because Whitehorn
& Gilmour were dominating with the electrics ...
With a couple of mix problems, Pete's vocals and
stint on the piano ("I'm One") were excellent.

>But, from what I understand, Roger, John & Zak WERE
>the show ...

     Methought Rabbit did a great job on keys and
that Roger's voice faded at the high end. No question
but that John and Zak blew holes in the clouds ...

>And, it was "Quadrophenia" ala "Psychoderelict",
>actors and such doing their "thing"...

     No "acting" breaks, though -- just some carrying-
on during the songs. Much closer to the '89 LA "Tommy"
than a standard stage play.

>... For the "Tommy" party, Pete played ... electric,
>windmills, the whole nine yards ...

     Pete started slow, and was dynamite by the
end of the set -- clearly having a great time with
how well it was received. Good omen for New York, I
agree ...

Bad defeats Good then self-destructs ...