FW: Pete's jumpsSun Dec 7 13:17:06 PST 1997

	> P.S.  Actually, about the jumps:  like NBAers and high jumpers, Pete
has > benefited a lot from photographers shooting from below.  Even an
average
> leap can look huge from ground level.

	Hmm- I've been "lurking" here for a couple of months but have to respond to that one.
	I first saw the Who in Memphis in June 1970, during the tour that coincided with the "Live at Leeds" release. They were still relatively unknown in the US then, & so rather than play the Coliseum the show was in the music hall of Ellis Auditorium- designed for classical orchestras & opera etc. The sound was INCREDIBLE and you could see everything.
	My wife (to be) and I were in the balcony, not far away as it was a relatively small hall, but looking DOWN toward the band, and those jumps were HIGH.
	We saw them on three subsequent tours (last in 1982), but never saw Pete jump that high again (or Roger send the mike sailing up that far again either). Of course we've slowed down a little bit ourselves since 1970 too.
	-David