A Quick JAE Lancaster PA Review

On Monday, January 29, John and band played The Chameleon in Lancaster PA,
heart of Amish country. I heard thattwo weeks ago the show was almost
cancelled because only two dozen tix were sold, but fortunately the show went
on (see, we should buy our tix ahead of time). There were between 200-300 in
attendance and all enthusiastic.

The 100 min Set List:
Heaven and Hell
Had Enough
Success Story
Trick of the Light
Bridges Under The Water
Real Me
Long Live Rock
Love Doesn't Last
My Size
Boris The Spider
Life After Love
Love Is A Heartattack
You (someone needs to tell John that this was on Face Dances, not WAY)
My Wife
Last Song

Encore consisted of Summertime Blues and Shakin' All Over.

The band sounded great, much tighter than Tramps last week. The show started
a bit slow, but after the first few songs (around Long Live Rock),
Thunderfingers was flyin' (Steve, Godfrey and Alan also deserve some credit).
This was plainly an outstanding show. I cannot wait to see him Sat in
Baltimore and wish I could make it to DC this Fri.

A couple quick notes, opening act Jodi's Butterfly was quite good. They
opened with Made In Japan (which told us John wouldn't be doing it) and
played original stuff the rest of the way. After John's set, Jodi's Butterfly
was also a part of the roady crew...they are multi-talented. Finally, after
the show a couple dozen fans waited near the front of the stage and finally
convinced John to sign some autographs. So, four people at a time were
invited backstage to get whatever they brought (as long it wasn't more than
one thing) signed by JAE. I went backstage, but just to say what a great show
it was.

-Bill Bedzyk