JAE in New Britain

!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!Y
EAH!!!!!!!!!

THIS was the show. It couldn't get any better. The sound was loud and clear.
There was a nice, big stage and the place (a converted bowling alley) was
more their size.
They really broke out and took things as far as they can go. Steve is
flowing and inventive. It's nice not to have that overwhelming, thuddy bass
drum.
Set list:
Heaven & Hell
Had Enough
Success Story
Trick of the Light
Bridges Under the Water ----- caution: catchy one
The Real Me
Long Live Rock

Love Doesn't Last ---------- the Entwistle parts from the '88 material reach
a new level for bass as recorded, but it all comes together here, live. A
beautiful song.

My Size
Boris (`BoreUs', to me -- sorry. The new parts are a consolation, though.)
Life After Love --------- this one just sweeps you along. (And, still,
there's no recording of Steve Luongo and John...)

Love Is A Heart Attack ----------- Mr. John Entwistle took this one
completely over the top with some new rythmic stuff -- a highlight -- a very
intense display. One thing, though: in the melodic bridge I was surprised
that John basically hit rythym with the pick (or fingernail) instead of
looping around the melody, up the neck.

You -------- Steve played the beginning pretty much as Kenney did, but it
SOUNDED so much better for some reason.

My Wife ------- The Who NEVER played it this well, basically because John
never went off with them the way he did this time -- freed up to just let
loose and fly. (Incidentally, John had the guys re-start it to set the tempo
higher.)

Last Song

encore:
Summertime Blues