Pete and Hendrix and Monterey

I don't know if anyone has posted Pete's version of Monterey and Hendrix and
who wanted to go first.  But this is what Pete said about it in the
October1994 Guitar World interview:

"I was saying to Jimi, "For f***'s sake, Jimi, listen to me.  I don't want to
go on after you.  It's bad enough that you're here.  It's bad enough that
you're gonna f*** up my life.  I'm not gonna have you steal my act.  That's
the only thing I've got.  You're a great genius.  The audience will
appreciate that. But what do I do?  I wear a Union Jack jacket and smash my
guitar.  Give me a break.  Let the Who go on first.

"And he was kind of, I thought, teasing me.  You know, playing the guitar and
ignoring me.  But Brian Jones told me later on that he was just f***ing
completely whacked on acid.  So John Phillips flipped a coin and it came down
in my favor, and I said, "Right.  We go on first."  And that has become
apocryphally told as a story where I was arguing with Jimi.  I was shouting
at Jimi, yes, because he was ignoring me. [laughs]  But I wasn't angry with
him.  I loved him very much."