Re: 1987 Tommy

Smeyer3, re:

>I was wondering if anyone has a great quality sounding tape of a radio
>broadcast where The Who performed Tommy. I believe this is right and it was
>around 1987. Can anyone help me out. I would be interested in getting a
>copy. Thank You.

The broadcast was in '89. There's a DIR promo only (same exact mix as the
broadcast) vinyl of just the "Tommy" portion of the concert that normal sells
for $50-$125. It's digitally recorded and sounds much better than the FM
broadcast, which, didn't sound bad at all! However, the disc sound much
tighter and better "bottom end"... The only drawback is that the discs have
commercials so you need to use your fader when putting on tape. It also
doesn't include Roger's great opening remarks ("We ask for a little
quiet..."), but...

There's also a vinyl boot of the same which is just a copy of the broadcast,
but sounds excellent and a CD boot, "Excitement At Your Feet", which sounds
like <Picard>! How anyone could <Riker> this one up, is beyond me!

So... there you have it!

wf