RE: Monterey Festival

Most of the Who songs on the Monterey CD sound thin with one
exception.  The Monterey version of My Generation is the most
outstanding, pounding, and hard driving version of that song
that I have heard.  IMHO it is even better than the version on
the new Live at Leeds CD.  I heard a rumor once that Pete was
determined to make their finale at Monterey a memorable one
especially because Jimmi Hendrix was playing Monterey as well
and he was determined that the Who were not going to be up-
staged by Hendrix with his flaming guitar.  Can anyone confirm
this?

Kreg Walvoord
KregW@Alcon.acu.edu